LIFE & WORK COACH
I coach people who want to improve their personal and professional lives
I call myself a LIFE & WORK coach because our personal and work life are so interconnected and the boundaries between each are blurred. Each influence the other.
Benefit from the sum total of my life's work
As a coach I wear many hats, serving as your sounding board, career guide, organizational wizard and accountability cop! All this reflects my career path and academic background:
- Training consultant for more than 20 years – I have a passion for helping people learn, shift and adapt to change
- Project manager of continuing medical education programs for healthcare professionals for more than 10 years – my role was overseeing program development and implementation
- Working in many fields – healthcare, telecommunications, transportation, aerospace, human rights, education – has given me insights into diverse organizational cultures and workplace challenges
I wear many hats as your coach and serve as your:
- Coaching sessions are the place to test out your ideas and perceptions. I understand that attentive listening is central to my role.
- As an experienced project manager, I know how to make things happen and achieve specific goals, so I can help you do the same with your work life, home life or a specific project.
- When you map out and implement a career plan you may find yourself in uncharted waters, or even taking risks with your livelihood, and I can help you think out all the pros and cons before you take action.
- Clients often refer to my combination of a “no-nonsense” practical approach to addressing the matter at hand, counterbalanced with large doses of empathy and cheerleading as required.
- If you need something you don’t see here, ask me if I can wear that hat for you.
Real-life results for clients. Read how my coaching has helped:
- . . . two business partners strengthen relationships with clients and earn new business
- . . . a corporate lawyer improve her current performance and develop a long-term career plan
Physician - Toronto
"I consulted with numerous therapists concerning my daughter who was having mental health issues which were impacting the whole family. Once things calmed down, someone suggested I contact Coach Minda to help me sort out how to set some boundaries and find more equilibrium at home which had turned into a “battle zone”. Between the massive demands of work and our serious challenges on the home front, my husband and I found Minda very helpful in learning how to work as a team. She helped us figure out what our values and priorities are and to use these to guide our decisions around our daughter, two other children and family life. Since we were consulting with various therapists, we became overwhelmed and found that Minda helped us make sense of where we stood in relation to all the suggestions. Minda has a unique no-nonsense approach and very practical. She listens and asks questions that really provoke insights previously unknown." 2014
Lawyer – Montréal
"As a mother of two young children, one with special needs, I found the long hours at work and chronic feelings of being inadequate in my position pushing me to quit my job as a corporate lawyer with a great company. Minda suggested that before I make this major decision (which clearly had huge implications), that I work on developing more effective stress management skills on the job. This included being more ‘myself’ in the workplace, better recognizing the unique skills I bring to the working environment and being more confident in what I do. This ultimately led to being more satisfied in my position." 2013